Saturday, April 16, 2011

Whoopi Goldberg Speed Painting

Most of my work for the past few months has been on customer orders and I have had little time to paint 'for fun'. As many of you know I love to paint with a photo-realistic style and do a few speed paintings now and again (although it has been a couple of months since my last!).

Anyway, I took a little 'chill' time on Friday and drew Whoopi Goldberg in a salute to her role in Sister Act. I'm still unsure why I chose to paint this one but it was enjoyable.

The painting took about 4 hours and was drawn with my usual tools of the trade: my trusty Apple iMac (oh how I wish I had left the Windows environment years ago...the Mac is just awesome to work with), Wacom 4 graphics tablet, and Photoshop.

I exhibited it at Eumundi today and it received plenty of admiration, despite it only being a quick 'sketch'.

Enjoy! (Feel free to comment)


No comments:

Post a Comment