Saturday, April 16, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes

I was up at Eumundi market today exhibiting my work when a little girl approached me. Her mother was engrossed in delving through the trinkets on one of the stalls. The little girl politely asked me "Do you have any balloons?". Unfortunately I had to advise I did not and, being intrigued by the little girl's approach, I asked her how old she was. "I am 3" she replied, "why, how old are you?".

I chuckled a little to which the girl looked at me somewhat puzzled and retorted, "Why are you laughing? I am serious, how old are you?".

What ensued was probably the most meaningful conversation I had all day. This little girl was a charm and brought a smile to my face. If only everyone had her innocence and charm the world would be a better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment