Sunday, April 29, 2012

That Aussie Family

I always remember a face but hardly ever a name.  I guess I am a visual person.  Anyway, I was walking around Eumundi Market a couple of weeks ago and spotted a face I recognised.  It did not click immediately who it was but I knew I had seen her before.  Then I remembered I had drawn a caricature of her and her family last year...and it was That Aussie Family...stars of YouTube.

They are not the only stars I have drawn in recent years.  Many of you will have seen my portrait videos on YouTube including Whoopi Goldberg, Avril Lavigne and Cheryl Cole.  Although these are relatively 'quick' sketches they do provide you with an idea of the sort of likeness that can be achieved.

As well as famous faces I have also produced caricature artwork for many famous companies, including some of the biggest names in the world.

Tetley caricature
Ahhh Tetley
Some of the more well-known companies include Arnotts (love Tim Tams!), Qantas, Manchester Airport (have done a series for them), Stella Artois, oh and one I did for Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber's Really Useful Theatre Company to celebrate the opening night of Phantom of the Opera.  There are many 100s more and far too many to list here.  

I have great memories of all of these and I never forget a face.  

I was just sorting through my files and thought I would post this caricature I did for Tetley (the tea people) a couple of years ago.  The brief was to draw the guy as a Tetley tea man.  It was a really nice piece to draw as it brought back many memories of the Tetley tea men being on TV.

I think I must have produced around 30 caricatures for the team who head up the marketing for Stella Artois.  They come back each month for a caricature of their manager.

If you would like your own caricature drawn then head on over to www.drawme.com.au






No comments:

Post a Comment